- What if I feel or my CPAP machine shows air leaks?
- A better seal does not necessarily mean a more airtight seal. Snugz provide a better seal by allowing some “micro-leakage” through the fabric. This breathability not only keeps your mask feeling cooler, but prevents a sweaty, slippery mask cushion interface that will inevitably slip and lead to loud noisy leaks that wake you up. With Snugz, those leaks should be greatly reduced, if not eliminated, and your sleep quality should improve. Your CPAP machine may register some leakage and it may be possible to feel some leakage through the Snugz fabric. Modern CPAP machines, however, automatically adjust for such leakage and what matters most is your AHI and having fewer disturbances. While it’s always smart to check with your care provider, if you are sleeping better with reduced disturbances, and your AHI is low, your Snugz is doing its job.
- Do Snugz restrict airflow?
- When properly placed on your mask, Snugz should not restrict air flow. Adjust your Snugz to cover only the silicone cushion of the mask and not your nostrils or mouth. Also, make sure that the CO2 exhalation ports (a set of small holes usually located on the front of the mask) are clear and not blocked or restricted. These ports are the only place you should feel air escaping. Again, if you have any questions or concerns, please talk to your sleep professional.
- What type of cloth is used to make Snugz?
- Snugz are made with a blend of very soft, moisture-wicking nylon fiber and spandex. This moisture-wicking blend make your mask feel cool, dry, and comfortable, while reducing pressure marks, skin break down, and pressure sores.
- Do Snugz contain latex?
- No. Snugz are latex free.
- Do Snugz contain any silicone or thiuram mix (found in many rubber products)?
- No, our fabric does not contain silicone or thiuram mix.
- Are there different sizes of Snugz? Will they work on any of type of CPAP Mask?
- Snugz is a “one-size-fits-most” liner for CPAP masks. We currently offer two Snugz products:
Snugz Full-Face Mask Liners will fit all sizes of all nose-and-mouth masks except for the ResMed Mirage Quattro and the Fisher & Paykel Forma XL. They also not recommended for under-the-nose style masks such as the Respironics Amara View or DreamWear and the ResMed F30, or total face masks such as the Respironics FitLife.
Snugz Nasal Mask Liners will fit all sizes of all nasal masks, but are not intended for nasal pillows or nasal prongs (under the nose).
- How many Snugz come in a pack?
- Snugz come in packs of two. We recommend having at least one for each day of the week so that you can wash them all with your weekly laundry.
- How do I care for my Snugz?
- Snugz are machine washable and feel free to put them into the dryer. Just steer clear of any harsh detergents or chemicals like bleach. We recommend cleaning Snugz between each use. Once you try Snugz out, we recommend getting one Snugz liner for each day of the week so that you can simply wash them all each week in your normal laundry routine. That way you have a fresh one for each night without any additional hassle. To do so, you can take advantage of our 20% discount on buying 3 2-packs on Amazon or at www.sleepsnugz.com (use coupon code “6PACK”).
- Can Snugz be used in the SoClean unit or other UV or Ozone cleaner?
- While we do not expect any issues arising from placing Snugz in your CPAP cleaner, we recommend physically washing your Snugz. SoClean will kill germs on surfaces, but will not remove oils, dust, dirt, etc., like washing will. Washing your Snugz is easy – just throw them in with your laundry. We recommend having one Snugz liner for each day of the week so that you can simply wash them all each week in your normal laundry routine.
- How long do Snugz last before I need to replace them?
- Unlike other products, Snugz are made to last. They hold up well to regular laundering. For the best Snugz experience, replace them every 90 days to keep them soft, fresh, and working well.
- Does insurance cover Snugz?
- Snugz are not currently covered by insurance, however they are eligible for FSA/HSA reimbursement, should you have and FSA or HSA plan.
- Can this be used with a beard or facial hair?
- Yes, we have plenty of customers with facial hair that are enjoying a better CPAP experience with Snugz.
- What is your return policy?
- Our Return Policy and instructions are posted here: http://www.sleepsnugz.com/returns-policy/.
Warnings / Cautions: If at any time you are concerned that Snugz is interfering with therapy or causing increased irritation/discomfort, stop using Snugz and ask your sleep professional.
Patent Pending. Made in the USA